Sunday, June 10, 2007

What We Can All Learn From Star Trek

As a child of the 1980s, I fell madly in love with Star Trek: The Next Generation. Exploring the world of Star Trek in reverse order, I watched TNG first and, when it went off the air, I watched all 79 episodes of the original series. I was hooked! Before long, I was head-over-heels for DS9, Voyager, and then Enterprise. I own every episode and every movie. I know most of the lines by heart. I go to the conventions. I just love the shows, the movies, the books, and everything else associated with this wonderful franchise. I am proud to be a trekky!

But there is something more to Star Trek than its amazing special effects, good writing, and wonderful actors.

Star Trek shows us what humanity can accomplish in the future.

It shows us our world as it is today; and it shows us what it could be one day if humanity can rise above sectarian strife, religious differences, and other petty problems to recognize that all of us on Earth are the children of God.

On this blog, which I am inagurating today, I will explore the life lessons of Star Trek. Beginning today, I shall watch one episode of Star Trek (any series or Movie) every day. Then I will review the episode on my blog to describe the life lesson that particular episode teaches us.

I'm excited about this project. I welcome my new readers. And I ask for your support and comments here on this blog.

Live long and prosper.

html hit counter code
download a free html hit counter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gd on ya dude, its about time people realised the underlying message of star trek: a united earth. i for one will make sure i keep up to date with this project of yours, sounds like a big job, but hey, someones gotta do it! ;D